The corrugated box is one of the most used means of transport of goods in history. A sheet of corrugated cardboard primarily consists of 3 to 5 slides of plain cardboard, which are "filled" by a cardboard wave. What makes this kind of packaging so special? There are many advantages of its characteristics, which always keep it like the best option.
Two parameters allow classifying this type of packaging: The number of smooth and wavy faces, and the height of the wave of the inner part of the sheet. These combined parameters allow determining the level of resistance and versatility of it when making a box.
1. Simple face cardboard: It is composed of a single cardboard slide with a wavy sheet. It is light and is used to cushion or protect.
2. Double-sided cardboard: This is the most common type, especially for the manufacture of boxes. It consists of two slides faces and the corrugated sheet.
3. Triple cardboard: Is composed of 4 slides and three wavy sheets. It is one of the most resistant types of cardboard sheets on the market; you could even say that its resistance is similar to wood.
Regarding the second parameter, the height of the wave, when you are going to buy your corrugated boxes consider that the higher the wave, the strongest the box is. In this sense, from the weakest to the strongest, we can find E Channel (microchannel, 1.5mm in height), B Channel (small wave, 3mm), C Channel (medium wave, 4mm), and A Channel (large channel). , 5mm).
- Protection: It is a perfect packaging for the transfer of merchandise from its manufacture, until the moment it reaches the final consumer. Also, corrugated cardboard is resistant to sodium (a component of sea salt) which makes it an excellent means of transport by air, sea, or land.
- Storage: No matter if they are full or empty, corrugated cardboard packaging is straightforward to store. If they are empty, they can bend and take up a lot of space (an advantage in transportation costs when acquiring them). When they contain merchandise, they can easily be stacked in the warehouse until the delivery.
- Advertising: Corrugated cardboard packaging is an excellent advertising medium. You can print their faces with the corporate identity of your brand or product. Today some suppliers even pre-cut the box, and you can use it as a display for the product on the shelves.
- Cost: It is the most economical type of packaging in the market, which allows lowering the final price of the product, and therefore achieve competitive advantages in the market. In addition to this, it is a 100% recyclable product. Many companies collect the excess cardboard and sell it to the recyclers, which recovers the investment a bit.
We are sure that GBE Packaging has the corrugated box that you need for your business. We have more than 1000 different sizes and shapes so you can choose the one that suits your needs. Also, we serve equally from large industries to those who have an online store on eBay or Amazon. If you want to obtain information or place an order, quote us, and our staff will be pleased to assist you.
Article Posted: 07/26/2019 02:56:17 PM